Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Painting and Flooring upstairs or Will I ever be done painting trim!

Time for a house update!
Past time, actually...
We are working on the upper level, which is just two bedrooms and a bath.
And for our purposes, I doubt it will be used much.
I started painting trim for the upstairs back in November.
The way we do it is like this.... 
Dave measures and cuts the pieces of trim he needs and lays out what will fit on the horses.
He also puts these little trim pieces on nails because they are easier to paint and dry like this.  I can get all sides without them sticking to the wood.  
This house has a lot of trim.  We have trim around all of the windows, doors, and crown molding.


And corners












As you can see in the background of these pictures, we have a bit of a mess.  There are a lot of materials and tools needed to build, and when you are working in two rooms, it gets a bit crowded with those materials and tools.  We've put cardboard down to protect the hardwood floors.  I'll do a proper TahDah post on the bedrooms when all of the stuff is out of those rooms.
We have lights and ceiling fans!
 I'm pretty sure I'm done painting trim.  And it's all hung.

We've also been busy with the bathroom.  
Looking for flooring took a little bit of time.
 When we first started building this house we looked for a flooring called Luxury Vinyl Tile.  It was a fairly new product and there wasn't a lot of choices in our town.  We discovered it from some friends who were building.  We put hardwood down in most of the house, but in the kitchen and bathrooms we wanted something that could withstand water and a lot of wear and tear.
 Now there are a LOT of choices!
 And of course the farmhouse look  is so popular right now.  I actually wanted a gray for my kitchen but at the time they didn't have it.  They do now.
 But we had to make sure what we bought for the bathroom was going to look ok next to the hardwood that it butts up against in the foyer.


Those were a couple of samples Dave brought home, but he wanted me to go to the store with him to make sure there wasn't something I liked better.

 LVT also comes in pieces that look like tile.  It's very versatile, VERY easy to clean, and wears well.  I could sell it!  (lol)







We have since finished the bathroom and in my next post I will show you all the details!

Cindy


4 comments:

  1. great going!! it is coming up very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me know about smash, junk, and travel journal..I was very confused about all the name.. now I can call my journal in any name.. :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trim look beautiful and it reall creates a lovely finished look. I painted the trim around my front door today, so I know how time consuming this can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that trim...what a fantastic job <3

    ReplyDelete